Education Services

Questions you may have:

1. My child is too young for school but I’m concerned. Who should I call?

Find and contact your County’s Birth to 3 Program Primary Point of Referral.

2. Where can I go to find more information about Early Intervention?

Wisconsin Birth to 3 is Wisconsin’s early intervention program for infants and toddlers with developmental delays and disabilities and their families.

Zero to Three is a national nonprofit organization that informs, trains and supports professionals, policymakers and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers.

Wisconsin Early Childhood Collaborating Partners (WECCP) mission: Wisconsin communities, agencies, associations, and state government will work together as a system of high quality comprehensive early childhood services for every child and family who wants to access them.

3. Who can help me navigate my way through the individualized education program?

Wisconsin Family Assistance Center for Education, Training and Support (WI FACETS) – supports families and others with training, information and referral, and individual assistance related to children with disabilities and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).

Wisconsin Statewide Parent-Educator Initiative (WSPEI) – services for parents, educators, and others interested in parent-educator partnerships for children with disabilities.

4. Are there parent liaisons I can contact?

Yes—go to the WSPEI Family Engagement Cooridnators site.

You might also be interested in Wrightslaw where parents, educators, advocates, and attorneys come for accurate, reliable information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities.

5. How do I find out what Cooperative Educational Service Agency (CESA) I am in?

Check out the DPI website.

6. How can I contact my CESA?

Here is a listing of the CESA contacts.

7. Who can help with the Transition into adult life?